Thursday, July 13, 2006

Finally anonymous...

I already have an established psychotherapy blog elsewhere, but as a married lesbian, working as a sex therapist/psychotherapist, I'm stymied by the constant need for editing and caution that is required in the upkeep of a Psychotherapy blog where I can't "come out." Okay, before everybody leaps all over me for that, let me just say that despite the fact that I am, and always have been, a very "out" lesbian feminist activist, there are many good, sound clinical reasons for being careful how, when and where you come out. And as I fully intend to blog about that at some point, so you'll have to check back here to read my ideas on that topic sometime soon.

I keep a running list of things I would like to blog about, but most of them cannot easily be written about without coming out, and given that many of my patients read my other blog, I figured that anonymity was the only way to do this.

As I sit in front of the blinking cursor, every entertaining, heart-felt word that was previously buzzing around my brain has disappeared and I feel overcome with possibility, overwhelmed by the plethora of topics now available to me to blog about and stumped by where to start.

Okay, some background information.

I'm a middle-aged European lesbian. I moved to the US many years ago. I live on the Eastern seaboard of the US, in a town that shall be nameless. I have been with my partner for nearly 8 years, and we got married in 2004 when the laws changed in Massachusetts to permit that. I'm not saying I live in Massachusetts. I'm not saying that I don't. I'm just saying that we took advantage of the change in marriage laws. How's about that for anonymity? You'll be hearing a lot more about the challenge of being married, and in particular the challenge of being married to somebody transgendered. Has your curiosity been piqued? So, stick around!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sapphique said...

Elizabeth: For some reason your comments are not showing up on the comment section, despite the fact that blogger did send me an email with your recent (today's) comment. So, no, you haven't pissed me off. There must be a glitch with the blogger software.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh give her time. She pisses everybody off eventually. :)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home