Monday, July 31, 2006

Ten Things I Love About Being A Lesbian

1. It's not as hard to measure up to Ellen DeGeneres as it is to Marilyn Monroe.

2. You can be old, somewhat overweight and have silver hair and still be considered a babe.

3. It's easier to be friends with heterosexual men.

4. DykeDar. (Yep, it never fails.)

5. The freedom to combine lipstick and power tools. (Now THAT's sexy!)

6. Straight friends assume competence in all arenas (good for those with fragile egos - not moi, of course!)

7. 100 things to do with Tofu at the drop of a hat (and not all of them culinary!)

8. Northampton, MA.

9. Sensible shoes some days, not so sensible on others.

10. Practicing cunnilingus techniques on ice-cream cones.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Number three is one thing I also adore. No jealous wives to contend with either.

Number seven... not so much. :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Deb Heller said...

Can't say I've gone tofu in #7, but I'm with you on all the rest!

Except, I don't get #8 (I'm a Left Coaster, all my life, so help me out!)
:-)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Sapphique said...

Wordsrock, Tofu is an acquired taste. As a friend of mine used to say, I like to eat Tofu with Tofu, as I find it brings out the flavor of the tofu.

Deb, Northampton is to lesbians what The Wailing Wall is to devout jews. There's a lesbian mayor, more lesbians and birkenstocks than you can throw a stick at...very groovy, crunch-granola and home to Smith College where nearly everybody exits as a lesbian.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice Cream cones...mmmmmmmm what a cone-cept!
Personally I always preferred the women of Holyoke.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home