Tuesday, August 15, 2006

20 Things I'd Like To Do


In no particular order:

1. I'd like to spend four weeks on a Greek island - one of the ones where nude sunbathing is strongly encouraged.

2. If it didn't hurt so gosh-darned much, I'd like to have colorful, unusual tattoos all over my body (and not just in places that don't show!)

3. I'd like to have enough time to read my favorite bloggers' sites from beginning to end and make erudite, intelligent comments.

4. I'd like to win the lottery and then I'd use it ALL to fund radical feminist organizations to provide women-only think tanks. These would train women to develop increasingly cogent arguments and put more and more lesbian feminist women in SERIOUS positions of power.

5. If it didn't come with serious jail time, I'd like to kick George W. in the nuts.

6. And Dick Cheney as well, while I'm at it.

7. And Bill O'Riley.

8. And then start over.

9. I'd like to do a road trip across the US, before our fossil fuel supply hits bottom, visiting all the places I've heard about and hoped to visit when I moved to the US of A but just haven't had time for.

10. I know this is definitely something that can't be actualized, given that she died fairly recently, but I would have liked to have met Andrea Dworkin. I attended a talk she gave in Leeds, UK, back in my baby dyke days. I felt too intimidated to talk to her.

11. I would like to be as well-known a sex therapist as Dr. Susan Block (only without the whips and chains, not because I disapprove but because it's just not my sexual style.)

12. And maybe without the corsets.

13. And with more clothes on.

14. I'd like to have the power to make Mr. Lesbian jump my bones whenever I batted my eyelashes.

15. I'd like to wake up tomorrow morning with really, really, long eyelashes.

16. I'd like to have the experience of multiple orgasms just once before I die.

17. Okay, maybe once a week.

18. Or so.

19. I'd like to have the power to enact civil rights for queer folks internationally.

20. I'd like to take K.D. Lang to that Greek island with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sapphique said...

Sappho, thanks for the comments and keep reading. I very much enjoy your site too...wonderful photographs, great blogs. I'm glad that we found each other!

Sapphique

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sapphique said...

Alex, glad that the list made you laugh and yes, if I ever need a foot for that task, I'll be sure to contact you immediately!

Welcome and keep coming...

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home