Thursday, September 28, 2006

Upcoming Weekend Malaise


When you aren't getting along with your partner, the weekends can be some kind of torture. On the other hand, the parts in between are wonderful. For example, this past weekend, Mr. Lesbian was called into the office over the weekend because hir project was going live. What this meant to me was uninterrupted time watching my latest Netflix DVD's, ("Wonderfalls"is my latest addiction!), hanging out with my daughter and granddaughter and shooting the shit with friends. No stress. Well, except for the times when Mr. Lesbian is at home. Her stress levels are through the roof at the moment, so she's even less of a joy to be around than usual. I'm hoping that a change of scenery (did I mention that we're moving?), a fresh start (no ghosts?), and fresh country mountain air (um, it's lots of land on top of a big hill) will help. Yes, for any possible therapists who are reading this, I GET that this is somewhat delusional thinking - geographic cures rarely work, despite our best intentions. But it will definitely make me feel better to move. My best friend lives two miles from our new house, as opposed to the 160 miles currently separating us, the nearest big town has a lesbian mayor and more lesbian families, couples and individuals than you can shake an Hitachi wand at and a gay male pastry chef and his boyfriend, both from NYC, are building a cabin just down the road from me. What more could a girl ask for?! A pastry chef, in rural Massachusetts, when the nearest bakery is 20 miles away? (I made sure to introduce myself when we were out signing the purchase and sale a little while ago.)

So the next four weeks worth of weekends will be full of, yes, you guessed it, packing. I'm about to enter that awful phase of moving when everything's in boxes, or should be, and you can't find anything, feel like you don't live one place or another. Welcome to my so-called life for the next few weeks.

Anybody got any packing tips?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

During your moving process I hope you keep us up to date!!!! I check each morning for new posts and have been delighted to see you posting more frequently. Take care.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Sapphique said...

Ezitsme, I'm delighted that you're delighted! I will try to post frequently - I definitely WANT to post frequently, but sometimes it's hard to find the time.

As for the moving process ::::groaning :::::I'm managing to procrastinate my way through that to-date!

9:02 AM  
Blogger outsidemymind said...

I have moved 12 times...I enjoy the challenge (sick pup I know!)...
I start in each room and do not start another till that room is completed. I usually keep a window open with the screen off - and I toss...if we do not need it, have not worn it, and has done nothing for anyone in the past yr it takes a flying leap out the window. If the item is that important the owner of said item usually goes outside to retrieve said item and packs the item their self...needless to say that has only happened 21 times in the 30 yrs and 12 moves...the kicker is the person who usually retrieved the item was myself...go figure...
good luck!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Sapphique said...

Outsidemymind, I gotta try that. Open window you say?? Hmm..that would be difficult with chests of drawers though :-)

9:50 PM  
Blogger outsidemymind said...

You do have to keep the furniture...there is some unwritten law about that!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home